Monday, June 24, 2013

Color Crush: Pink & Gold

I'm having a pretty girly moment right now, and I thought I'd share.  I'm surrounded by boys and rarely have an opportunity to decorate as girly as I (sometimes) wish to (both in my own home and in client's homes).  So I'm especially thankful for this bloggity blog while in the midst of my "girly moment"!

I'm seriously crushing on Pink and Gold lately.  Really, gold has emerged as a favorite metallic tone for me in the past few months: I've been a silver girl for a looooooonnnnnnnnng time.  Lately, though... Gold is giving me goosebumps.  (In the best possible way!)  The warm metallic will be making its way into my home in a major (although not paired-with-pink) way in the near future, but until then, here are some examples of gold and pink pairings that make my heart go pitter-pat.

2b modern
Indulgy

A Little Glass Box

Icing Designs

Columbus Magazine
Traditional Home
Quiet Robin
Lonny
Little Crown Interiors

Kika Reichert
Citrus and Orange
Now, we have all heard the concept of "real men wear pink", and my son and husband BOTH don it on a frequent basis.

The Denim Guy
But do you think pink (& gold) in home decor can be manly?  Or is the combo just TOO feminine for a male-inhabited space?  Sound off!!  I love to hear your thoughts!

As always, if you're inspired by what you've read here and want to fluff your home, contact us!  We can help.  ;)


For more pink and gold inspiration, check out our Pink & Gold Pinterest board.

No comments:

Post a Comment